Over half the world’s population is on social media—talk about a large potential audience!
Effectively using social media is essential to keeping your practice relevant and connecting with your ideal patients. But posting without a plan can leave you getting lost in the mix. Creating a social media strategy, with the help of a dedicated social media manager, helps ensure your efforts propel your business in the right direction.
Don’t let social media be a missed opportunity when it comes to marketing your business! Get the skills and guidance you need to reach your business goals with the help of a social media professional.
Marketing Your Dental Practice with Social Media
Before considering hiring a social media manager, it’s important to understand the influence social media can have on the growth and success of your dental practice. It’s become so much more than a way to stay connected to family and friends. Social media facilitates the sharing of conversations, ideas, and information.
Ways you can benefit from engaging on social media platforms include:
- Improving your brand visibility—become a recognizable force online!
- Reach your ideal patients and actively listen to what they’re saying.
- Generate and nurture quality leads through conversations and credible posts.
- Stand out from your competitors with authentic content.
- Build trust through referrals and encouraging patients to discuss the services you offer online—people are more likely to trust recommendations from family and friends.
- Become an industry thought leader by showcasing your work, hosting webinars, creating how-to guides, and posting other informational content.
So Why Should You Hire a Social Media Manager?
If the list above looks a little daunting, here’s where a social media manager can help!
As a business owner, you’re already wearing multiple hats within your business. Hiring a social media manager can save you time (and stress!) when it comes to strengthening your brand awareness and ensuring your marketing doesn’t get left on the back burner.
With the right skills and experience, your social media manager can build an effective strategy specific to your business goals. Instead of sporadically posting online when you have the time, a social media strategy can ensure the content you post has value and is relevant to your target audience. Custom posts show off your brand and help it become recognizable, making you stand out among your competitors.
A social media manager familiar with analytics and what they mean can take your posts from good to great. If you can understand what’s working and what isn’t, you have a better chance of reaching your ideal patient.
One of the most important roles of a social media manager is patient engagement. See what people are saying and listen to what they’re looking for. Having a social media manager can ensure you respond to messages promptly so no one feels ignored.
Defining What it Takes
Hiring the right fit for your business is essential because social media and brand engagement should be a collaborative process. As a business owner, your brand, personality, and voice are showcased online, and a social media manager is here to enhance that voice and widen your reach.
Important skills to consider when looking for a successful candidate include:
- Social media experience
- Digital marketing experience
- Sufficient writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of all social media platforms, algorithms, & trends
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to understand social media analytics & adapt marketing strategies
- Ability to conduct a complete competitor analysis
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Works well with a team to build scalable processes
- Knowledge of the dental industry would be considered a strong asset
Build Your Brand Through Social Media Management
With the help of a social media manager, your personality can’t help but shine on social media—just like your patient’s teeth!
SmileShop Marketing offers plenty of resources, including a checklist for social media managers that outlines a path for success. For more guidance on how you can use social media to the fullest and build your business, get in touch with our team.