The dental industry seems to be changing all the time, especially when it comes to marketing. Using social media, such as Instagram, can be a great way to reach potential and existing patients if done the right way.
Check out some of these amazing dental influencers and learn how to make your Instagram account the most effective it can be!
Dr. Michael Apa
Dr. Apa is the CEO and founder of Apa Aesthetic, a dental practice with locations in New York, Dubai, and Los Angeles. He is well-known, if not notorious, for his approach to veneers and cosmetic dentistry as a whole. No 2 smiles from Dr. Apa’s chair are the same (seriously) and you can see his transformations and partnerships on Instagram.
Dr. Helen Mo
Dr. Mo is a pediatric dentist whose account focuses on children’s oral health and hygiene. Dr. Mo shares many helpful insights with her followers in ways that are easy to digest. While this account has some different content than you may be used to, it shows how you can connect with your patients through social media.
Dr. Brian Baliwas
Dr. Baliwas is a dental surgeon and uses this account to connect with dentists and share fun, daily, interactive content. This type of content is a great way to engage your audience and there are tons of good examples on this page.
Dr. Milad Shadrooh
Dr. Shadrooh is known as the Singing Dentist and his content shows it! This is an excellent example of an account that uses humour to connect with its audience while still providing relevant content. Check out his videos to get some ideas!
Dr. Yazdan is another dental influencer who shows transformations and provides helpful marketing advice for dentists just like you. Her content can appeal to patients and dentists alike, but there is much value to be found here. Peruse her account for some great tips.
Dentist Instagram Inspo
Looking for inspiration for your Instagram? Check out a few of SmileShop’s clients for some grid inspiration.
Own Your Instagram
Instagram can be an excellent (and cost-effective) marketing tool to reach your patients. Creating an Instagram account that will convert is the key. Fortunately, there are best practices you can follow to set your account up for success.
- Choose a clear handle: Your Instagram handle should be your name or the name of your practice. For example, you could use @DrSmithDDS or @SuperAwesomeDentalClinic. You should avoid a name that your patients, or potential patients, wouldn’t be searching for when they’re looking for you (i.e. @Dentist12345).
- Select the right category: As an Instagram professional account, you’ll want to choose the right category that aligns with what type of account you have. This will improve your chances of being discovered as Instagram will display your account when people search for your niche in your location.
- Fill in your contact information: Make sure all of your contact information is loaded into your account. Giving your audience options for how to contact you can increase the likelihood of converting them through Instagram. Some people may want to call, but others may want to book online. You should also ensure your location information is up-to-date so they know where you are.
- Use a CTA in your bio: A CTA (Call To Action) can capture your audience as soon as they hit your Instagram page. “Book Appointment” or “Visit Our Website” can help engage your audience in the ways you want.
- Keep your bio concise: Your audience doesn’t need all of your information. All they need to know is what you do or specialize in and how to reach you. Using bullet points to list out your key services is a great way to give them quick, accessible information without losing them in a bunch of fluff.
- Pick a good photo: Your Instagram profile picture should align with your account. If you’re signing up as an individual dental professional, using a clear headshot is a great way to show users who you are. If you’re signing up for your practice, we recommend using your practice logo.
- Post relevant content: What does your audience want to see from you? Dental transformations? Helpful dental tips? Dental surgery videos? Think about who you want to capture through social media and post what is most relevant to their needs.
We’re here. Contact our experts at SmileShop today to see how we can help you with social media marketing.